Raw From The Farm - Inferior quality control - poor customer service - rawfromthefarm.com

I was very excited to get my raw nut shipment from raw from the farm.com.You know, support local farmers rah rah rah.

Ha! I guess my expectations were a bit too high. The organic shelled pecans I received contained shell pieces, old shrived pecans and bit of debris (see photo). When I contacted the company about it, I was told that their nuts come from the farm and are sorted manually so that's just the way it is and if I wanted a premium nut, I should shop at nuts.com.

Nice customer service. Well, hat is exactly what I will do. Nuts.com actually cares about their customers while raw from the farm charges premium prices for inferior goods.

Obviously just the middleman to take web orders, ship and make a fast buck.Fly by night operation.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 11 #1125769

We appreciate when customers take the time to give us feedback. We are a different kind of company than most that are on the web. We are a small business that works with local farmers. The nut farmers we work with are small scale farmers and do not have high-end processing equipment. Because of this, there can be some shell pieces and nut membranes that get missed by their low-tech equipment. Also, because they are not using expensive sorting equipment, there can be variations in quality. This is how foods occur in nature when they are not highly processed or cosmetically enhanced. While many people appreciate this non-perfection, others seek a more polished end product. We discussed with the customer this difference in how our company operates compared to other companies. And, based on our almost 10 years of operation, we communicated that it sounded like her needs were for a more cosmetically enhanced product from larger manufacturers. She had stated she had been happy with products she had received from Nuts.com, so we suggested that, since it didn't sound like our mode of operation was in line with her needs, that maybe a company like Nuts.com would be a better fit.
Raw From The Farm

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Raw From The Farm. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Raw From The Farm.
Filing a new complaint about